Author Topic: Warhammer: Total War - A Call To Arms Release!  (Read 159337 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Warhammer: Total War - A Call To Arms Release!
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2014, 04:41:38 PM »
Ahh. Okay, that sounds like it could be an issue with the patch rather than the mod then. First step, reinstall RTW and get that working; if RTW doesn't work then nor will WHTW pretty much by definition!

By the command line I just mean the target: line on your new WHTW shortcut, which you can find by right-clicking and hitting properties.
To take screenshots, press the print screen button on your keyboard, open paint, press Cntrl+V to paste, save the file, then either find an image upload site or I'll message you my email and you can send it to me that way.

As I say, though, don't worry about any of that until you have a working Rome: Total War to start with - WHTW still borrows many of its files from the original game so having it work is vital!
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

AnubisHollow

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2014, 05:39:24 PM »
Ok, seems like fate decided I wouldn´t try this mod.

I reinstalled the game (just to make sure), patched it and, strangely, it worked fine, the mod included. However, everytime I try to play a custom battle, it crashes. I am trying to play Altdorf vs Chaos, and I must admit I stuffed all the units I could, but it should work nevertheless, right? ???

I haven´t tried campaign yet.

Edit: Geez, I think I may have isolated the problem at last. I played Kislev vs Araby and it worked. I played Altdorf vs Chaos and it worked. However, I played Altdorf vs Chaos with less units but a steam tank in Altdorf´s side, and it crashed. I think it may be the steam tank. Has anybody else commented on the matter, or is it only me?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 05:48:24 PM by AnubisHollow »

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2014, 06:13:47 PM »
There's a recurring crash bug that seems to affect the Chaos marauder horsemen so it may be that?

Check here for the solution:
http://www.exilian.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=2775.0

Steam tank is also possible, I don't think I've had any complaints about that though.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 06:40:18 PM by Jubal »
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Tom

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2014, 06:20:11 PM »
Nope, it's not the steam tank, I just checked.

I also have the marauder horsemen problem though so it's probably that.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 06:26:15 PM by Tom »

fingardium

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2014, 08:09:16 PM »
hi, good work with this mod, i love the world of warhammer and i would like to play it, but i have a problem with the installation.
i have rome total war 1.5
C:\Programmi\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\data\WHTW\data
i followed installation instructions i guess, in the new shortcut now there is:
"C:\Programmi\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\RomeTW.exe" -mod:WHTW

but if i double click, it plays rome total war, no warhammer at all...

please help me

:'( :'( :'(

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2014, 08:28:41 PM »
It needs to be
C:\Programmi\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\WHTW\data
Not
C:\Programmi\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\data\WHTW\data

As you have now.

Try that and it should work.  :)

fingardium

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2014, 07:13:24 PM »
thanks a lot, now it works! :-)
often crash, but works.

uzgobdamighty23

• ORCs sind zum kämpfen!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2015, 07:34:21 PM »
Hello all, I'm really enjoying this mod and I'm playing as the ogre kingdom. I've encountered a problem where my ogre chieftans and generals accumulate traits at a an exponential rate. Even when doing nothing. At all. I was wondering what I could do to change this? Many thanks for your time!

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: January 06, 2015, 09:24:21 PM »
You'd have to edit the traits files - the reason for this is that several buildings that were previously trait requirements have been removed, so the trait now has no prior requirements, just a % chance of occurring. Unfortunately there's no "quick fix" - the game manages to remain balanced because the enemy generals are in the same boat!

Here's a really in-depth guide if you're interested in looking into editing the files:
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?131861-Guide-The-complete-traits-ancillaries-guide

Hope that helps, and sorry it's not a dead simple fix!

uzgobdamighty23

• ORCs sind zum kämpfen!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: January 06, 2015, 11:32:12 PM »
Ah okay, Would this help? http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?142568-ATVTW-Trait-Ancillary-Validator 
I will give it a read and see what i can do!

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2015, 02:00:22 PM »
That might help - there've been lots of smaller tools like that made for these things.

If you get an edited version of the file that you're happier with, do share it! :)

uzgobdamighty23

• ORCs sind zum kämpfen!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: January 08, 2015, 04:02:23 PM »
Ok so Ive found the file that i need to modify, i think its export_descr_ancilliaries... Now when examining the Rtw one it shows which buildings are linked and trigger the trait presence. Now i was wondering would it suffice to simply rename the trigger buildings to the ones youve used in this mod? Again many thanks for your time!

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: January 08, 2015, 04:25:02 PM »
I can't be certain without looking at it, which I haven't done for over a year now, but simply going by logic I don't see any reason why that wouldn't work.

uzgobdamighty23

• ORCs sind zum kämpfen!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2015, 04:28:02 PM »
Ok thanks for the quick reply! The reason I queried was that after opening the export_descr_blabla file, the first sentence mentioned opening some spreadsheet rather than editing this file.. Any idea which spreadsheet it is refering too? I appreciate that its been a long time since you last looked at this! I promise to stop bugging you once ive understood :D

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: January 08, 2015, 04:30:28 PM »
A lot of the files have things like that in - they usually refer to the original tools that the developers used to make these files. We don't have access to those, so we have to chug along as best we can using text editors.  :P