Author Topic: Creative Hub Opens  (Read 2392 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Creative Hub Opens
« on: August 25, 2015, 10:42:17 PM »
Welcome To The River Docks
A New Creative Hub For Project Teams and Management

I'm really pleased to be making this post, because this is, I think, one of the most important expansions we've made in a long while. The River Docks is going to be a new forum for really giving generalised support to the many projects we host here, in a wide range of crucial areas. That includes people getting new avenues to find and share skills, spaces to create and discuss new ideas that cut across boundaries laid down elsewhere on the site, and resources and discussion on important aspects of creating, managing, funding, and organising projects.

What will the River Docks include and what can you do there?
  • An area where people can list their skills and availability to work on projects, both as hobbyists and professionals
  • You'll be able to post asking for advice on legal and copyright issues with what you're working on
  • It's an area to discuss project management, which will include crowdfunding techniques
  • Room for throwing together new ideas and projects that mix up skillsets in new ways
  • A subforum to allow people to advertise for skills and members for their teams, for both paying and hobby projects
  • The Dockland Tutorial Base, which will contain user-written information on everything from kickstarter to creative commons, team management to marketing

I'm very excited by this new move for us, and hope it will let us add a lot of value to what we can offer all sorts of people and projects on the Exilian. Do go along and check it out as it takes shape over the next few days!

Visit the docks here!

The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...