Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer Announced  (Read 13038 times)

Tom

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Total War: Warhammer Announced
« on: January 14, 2015, 11:27:09 AM »
First off, sorry for the long leave of absence. I was browsing reddit and I came across this: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?677233-Total-War-WARHAMMER-officially-revealed
I knew that CA had the rights to a warhammer game but this is the first sort of evidence I've seen that they're working on the game. Thoughts anyone? I'm hyped seeing as the warhammer mod for rtw brought me here. An official game will be awesome.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Total War: Warhammer Announced
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 12:01:14 AM »
This may be why WHTW has been doing quite well in the ModDB rankings this week.

But yeah, I hope it'll be good, the TW engine is certainly inherently good for Warhammer. My worry is that they'll make it too closely aligned to 8th/9th ed fluff whereas actually early editions (3rd-6th) generally had fluff that suits Total War vastly better.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Gen_Glory

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 11:47:48 AM »
Considering how buggy Rome 2 was, wonder how bad it'll be with added complications such as flying units and magic?

And only 2 factions will be available with the base game, day one dlc for one or more factions, preorder bonuses and other bullarmadillo which is ruining the gaming industry IMHO
Tis but a scratch...

Clockwork

• Charming Prince of Darkness
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Bitter? Me? portugal no, I think it's hilarious.
  • Awards Came first in the Summer 2020 Exilian forum pub quiz
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 08:11:22 PM »
Surely they'll make it in line with 9th? It'd probably be set just after the End Times happens.
Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2015, 11:01:26 PM »
But in 9th, if I'm reading the rumours right, there won't even be a proper world map if everything's splintered into "reality bubbles".

And certainly there won't be the map-diversity you could get with the older fluff, exploring Estalia, Kislev, etc etc.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Clockwork

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2015, 09:29:26 AM »
Surely each reality bubble would have some sort of landmass?
Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2015, 05:02:28 PM »
Maybe? I dunno. I still feel like the older editions with all the mini-factions would be a better fit to Total War.

Pentagathus

• King of the Wibulnibs
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2015, 07:05:09 PM »
Reality bubbles? portugal this wibulnib, sounds like Warhammers just getting armadillotier and armadillotier.

Clockwork

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2015, 09:57:24 PM »
Damn it, I forgot to say this:

R2 as it stands would be perfect (battle mechanics wise) for a Warhammer game. Each unit can be customised heavily both visually and stat wise, much more so than any other TW game to date, which is so needed to be able to properly give each race their own abilities.

I don't know if anyone here played King Arthur 2? Basically it's like a less polished total war with magic and giants and things. It works okay but the main problems with it is the lack of damage type interaction, the balance, graphical glitches and also the building side of it is pretty lackluster, off point, what I was going to say is that KA2 with the polish of a TW game would be amazing. Which is at the very least what CA can do here. I'm pretty hopeful of this title, whatever and whenever it is.

Tom

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2015, 02:26:34 PM »
I remember hearing rumours about this from some time ago so they might have based it on 7th perhaps. Unfortunately, Games Workshop might have screwed over CA by changing up the lore so much. Maybe they could base it on a particular invasion of chaos or something?

Clockwork

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2015, 09:07:43 PM »
Yeah I think they've been working on it for maybe 2 years now? GW might still pull a typical GW stunt and tell them that it has to use 9th setting. And in the interest of continued use of the license, I'd imagine they'd say yes.

Wait just found this: http://www.pcauthority.com.au/News/325620,creative-assembly-signs-on-for-warhammer-games.aspx

So yeah, 2 years.

I have to say though, if anyones checked out the horde mechanics for Attilla... How perfect would those be for the Orcs?!?!!!? :D

Tom

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2015, 04:29:16 PM »
Orcs, ogres and the chaos hordes would work well with that mechanic to be honest. Hopefully GW don't try to lean on CA as it will probably ruin the game.

Clockwork

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2015, 10:54:32 PM »
Remember that GW are the guys that tried to copyright 'Space Marine' and have successfully done so to the shoulder pads :P

Tom

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2015, 07:34:04 PM »
Very true, I just hope it will be awesome. It's not like there is a lack of good TW mods out there for warhammer either so that proves it can be done and done well at that.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2015, 10:14:22 PM »
Very true, I just hope it will be awesome. It's not like there is a lack of good TW mods out there for warhammer either so that proves it can be done and done well at that.
*bows* :P