Author Topic: WHTW Swap  (Read 8359 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
WHTW Swap
« on: October 14, 2013, 12:50:30 AM »
So, let's do this?

Which faction would be good?

My initial shortlist would be:
- Undead have the advantage of seeing the most of the world, as they have bases scattered around the world, and a nice variable unit selection. Good for going on horde rampages with too.
- Luccini are probably the most fun of the human campaigns and are likely to fight Orcs, Skaven, Araby, Dwarfs, Brets, and Empire, which is a nice selection. Could also work as a migration campaign.
- Dragon Islanders tend to be one of the best choices for migration campaigns as long as you don't want to go to the New World - I think trying to strike out and send an overland force to Nekehara (read: Egypt) could create a very fun campaign, expanding into the Tilean Sea (Read: Med).

Players:
CG
Jubal
SotK?
Others?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 01:47:27 PM by comrade_general »
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Son of the King

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Awards Awarded for outstanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • SotK
    • Awards
Re: WHTW Swap
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 09:39:46 AM »
Lets do this indeed! Dragon Islanders sound fun to me :) .

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 06:13:09 PM »
They have a nice troop mix certainly  :) CG, any thoughts?
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

comrade_general

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 11:28:12 PM »
CG like Luccini but DI will be good.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 12:59:55 PM »
Okay; CG, do you want first turn? You usually manage to come up with interesting surprises.   :P

comrade_general

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2013, 02:40:53 PM »
Yesh I can do that.

comrade_general

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2013, 12:59:42 AM »
Life on the Dragon Isles had stagnated. It was time for something to be done, and it was!

The Great Chieftan of the people gathered all men of war to himself, and had built a fleet, that they could set sail north to the Isle of Drake's Claw, and there crush the Skink filth that inhabited the village of Wyven.

With the Dragon Isles fully under the Chieftan's control, it was thus decided to sail west, and explore the lands there seeking to expand his rule. The decision nearly proved fatal, however, as the convoy came under fierce attack by pirates patrolling the Embittered Coast. At great cost to his ships the Chieftan finally made landfall.

His expeditionary forces began pushing inland through the edge of what seemed a great forest until they discovered a settlement called "Kul Rullak". Here they came upon a grotesque and fearsome mix of undead and animated skeletons, although this horde proved to be less dangerous than was first perceived, and the settlement was wiped clean of the filth that dwelt there.

With this first footfall on this new land established, the great army of the Dragon Islanders continued to explore this unknown territory...

I may have butchered this completely as I know very little about Warhammer, but oh well, the swap is begun and is sent to Jubal. :P

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2013, 03:17:19 PM »
My turn done.

The Great Chieftain and his council, having sailed and captured Kul Rullak, decided that they had no choice but to press on inland. They had heard tales of a fertile valley to the west of the mountains, once inhabited by a mighty race of men but now a place of the undead and crawling things in the night. "Nekehara" - the word rang around the camp, doom-laden but somehow enticing. And so the march began.

The Dragon Islanders marched over the mountains, and then headed for the capital of the lands of the Tomb Kings, Kenehara. The city was swiftly taken after a counterattack failed, and the Islanders declared it their new capital - Islanders no more, perhaps, but the people of the Dragons nonetheless. Plans were swiftly put afoot for the conquest of the rest of the lands nearby. Firstly Alaphis was taken after a furious battle with vast numbers of undead chariots being destroyed anf caught in the forests of that land. Kara was next to fall, taken to help preserve the route back to Kul Rullak and the homelands. In the homelands themselves, taxes were lowered and amenities built to reward those who had not come on the great expedition for their services and ensure they did not grow restless as their chieftains were so far away.

A treaty was then signed with the undead, for the Dragon-folk deemed that if the dead were to wander the desert, it was not for now their concern. Arabic armies were sighted around the north of Nekehara, prompting some alarm; but the walls of Kenehara are vast, and mixing the mason-work of the ancients with the stalwart Dragon-folk should hopefully yield victory in the event of a siege. A ship was built and sent north to scout out the lands of Tilea and the Border Princes; naval domination of the Tilean Sea could give the Dragon-folk access to rich new provinces in the Badlands, Tilea, and even as far away as Estalia...

Who am I sending to? SOTK?

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • Patrikios
    Voting Member
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2013, 09:56:17 PM »
You should have a roster/list/thing on the first post like we have in our story so that you know who's next.
Most effective elected official. Ever. (not counting Jubal)

He is Jubal the modder, Jubal the wayfarer, Jubal the admin. And he has come to me now, at the turning of the tide.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2013, 11:37:20 AM »
Possibly, yeah... seriously though? Anyone?  :(

comrade_general

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2013, 07:06:08 PM »
^ This.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2014, 01:20:54 PM »
Does anyone else want in on this? CG, would you like another turn?  :P

Tom

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2014, 02:12:01 PM »
I'd be happy to give it a shot :) is it twenty turns?

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2014, 02:16:01 PM »
Yep; do I have your email to send it to you?

Tom

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2014, 02:17:58 PM »
Should be visible right now :)